July 31, 2008

All Grown Up

I’m not sure I can do justice to this story since so much of what makes Lil H funny is not just what she says but the body language she uses. First, I must say that Lil H has been around at least one new baby in the past week. Second, I must tell you she also bought a little make up with some money given to her by grandma and grandpa a few weekends ago.

As we are preparing to go to our SECOND birthday party this weekend (yes, I'm crazy we did two in one weekend), she walks into the kitchen and asks for a little water to drink. I oblige. She then comes to me with her hands held out and hips off to the side (really prissy pose) and asks if I could give her a straw for the water since she had on lip stick and did not want to get it on the glass. WHAT…it’s a Strawberry Shortcake, plastic, pink cup. Whose gonna know!!

After her water episode she comes to me and tells me that Smudges (her ratty, smelly, dirty, gross looking favorite little stuffed dog) was also thirsty and hungry so she was nursing it. Yes, my mouth was on the floor. I look down to see her little dog under her shirt. How convenient for her, the dog was so smashed in her shirt it wasn’t going anywhere! She proceeds to “nurse” the stuffed dog and drink her water using both hands of course because her shirt is holding the dog in! I should’ve thought of that way back when…

No comments: