May 13, 2013

IronKids 2012

Big I has really been showing interest in triathlons for kids.  Last year he did two triathlons and in September he did the IronKids.  I did not have a good vantage point for pictures of him swimming.  As you know, in a triathlon the order is swim, bike, run.  Unfortunately, all the parents crowd into a pool area and although I could see him, I had one row of people in front of me and taking pictures was impossible.

I do have pictures of the biking and running though.  


 The pictures above show the transition from swim to bike.  The suit he wears is the same for the entire race - he swims in it, runs to his bike and puts on his socks, shoes and helmet then runs his bike to the orange line where he gets on the bike.

Above is one leg of the bike race.
 The final leg of the run.
 Yay - he finished.  The time above his head is from when the IronKids actually started.  He was the second age group to run.  There are three age groups.
  His cheerleader Lil H and her homemade sign. 

No comments: