Now when writing about boys one has to understand that the story will involve bodily functions or body parts or those parts of an animal or those functions of an animal. One day earlier this year we took our dog to the vet to get his nails trimmed and to be groomed. Clinics are full of animals and this time was no different. We saw several puppies while we were there.
Once back in the van my son began asking questions about how babies (or puppies as the case may be) get out of the mommy. The conversation goes something like this: “How do babies get out…from your bottom?” Once again I find myself in an awkward situation in that he is not quite old enough for “the talk” or too many details. So, trying to remain calm (not fall out of the car laughing) I just told him yes from that general area. His reply” “Well I guess God tells your bottom when to poo poo and when to have babies.” Hmmm, wasn’t sure if I actually did need to give details…nah, not yet.
Once back in the van my son began asking questions about how babies (or puppies as the case may be) get out of the mommy. The conversation goes something like this: “How do babies get out…from your bottom?” Once again I find myself in an awkward situation in that he is not quite old enough for “the talk” or too many details. So, trying to remain calm (not fall out of the car laughing) I just told him yes from that general area. His reply” “Well I guess God tells your bottom when to poo poo and when to have babies.” Hmmm, wasn’t sure if I actually did need to give details…nah, not yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment