My daughter lives in "another world". Her world is devoid of anything resembling reason or obedience. I'm sure most kids live this way, but I didn't expect “another world” until at least her teen years. I should have suspected this “world” early on, but I just chalked things up to age.
For those who are curious as to what prompts this post her latest fiasco was nothing major. It could have been major had I not discovered the error of her ways. My little angel waited until I was performing my nightly ritual (getting ready for bed) and snuck into the kitchen. Evidently she was hungry but nothing in the fridge would satisfy her need. What need did she have? You know…the need to consume large amounts of sweets before bed. Evidently she has a sweet-o-meter and it was on “E”. She drug a chair to the pantry and consumed a few gummies, checked out the Altoids tin…obviously it was empty, and settled for a piece of gum.
I heard the little pitter patter of feet and knew she was out of bed. What I did not hear was the chair going across the floor or the pantry door open. You now there is a reason why I do not oil hinges on doors around here. She was smart enough to tip toe to the kitchen (this is very difficult for her as she is totally incapable of walking any other time of the day). However, the “guilt” of her indulgence caused her to run back to bed (or maybe it was just the sugar).
As a result of the sugar, and who knows what else, she had to potty 50 times in at least 30 minutes. Each time she had to wash her hands for long periods of time. It was on one of these 50 trips that I set down my foot, met her in the bathroom and told her to get in bed and not get out again. Hey, what is that in her mouth? Has her tongue turned blue? I immediately asked what was in her mouth. Have you ever seen a deer in headlights? Then you’ve seen my daughter at that moment. I had her spit it out, in my hand, great now I have to wash my hands…AGAIN!
Just so you’ll know I didn’t discover the pack of gummies or Altoids until this morning. One thing about my girl, she hasn’t figured out how to put thing back yet…you know, exactly like you find them!
No comments:
Post a Comment