November 17, 2008

Conversations of Little People

Lil H: “Remember that choir teacher I had?” [No breath is taken at this point to allow someone to answer]. “She actually had short hair and things, bumps on her face.” [At this point I just don’t know what to say…but I’m thinking about things on one’s face, I don’t know anybody with things on their face – except the usual, eyes, nose, mouth, etc]. “They were big bumps well not bumps just, you know, those things. She was short…blah blah blah blah” [I drifted in thought for a moment – they call that tuning it out – but this is what I was envisioning – look familiar]

clip_image002

Big I: “Short like us?”

Lil H: “No, tall but you know short. She was old, not real old just kinda old.”

Me: “What kind of things on her face?”

Lil H.: “Those dot things”

Me: “You mean freckles?”

Lil H.: “Yeah, freckles, those round dot things. She had big ones. My choir teachers used to leave and that lady would come in. My choir teachers put me on the bookshelf and I didn’t want to be on there I was kicking.” [I vaguely remember this. I’m thinking it was probably a time out or breaking up a disagreement…NO! Surely not my Lil H in time out – say it ain’t so].

After that I sort of just drifted into my own world of laughter about the whole dot face thing. I think there was more conversation between Lil H and Big I but I was too busy wondering exactly how she remembered things. Now that’s a scary thing!!

No comments: