I have mixed feelings that soccer is over. On the one hand, we had great coaches and the kid's loved their coaches and playing the game. We made new friends and had great times. On the other hand, our weekends are more open and we are not tied up two nights a week with practices. For that, I am grateful.
Lil H was quite the aggressive soccer player. I was shocked. She had to learn NOT to throw herself on the ball (had to get kicked the face to figure that out...of course, I had to figure out she was throwing herself on the ball to know what was going on). If she lost the ball she just threw herself on the ball.
She was pretty much the fastest one on the team. Not just me bragging here, the coaches seemed to agree as did the other moms. I'm sure she frustrated many of her teammates in that she was not really concerned with who had the ball. She had no problem running in and getting it and taking it down the field. Thus, there were many times her teammate would had the ball but since "she" did not have the ball it was not good enough - so she took the ball from her teammates too.
There are so many funny things to watch. Like the first time she got the ball she just took off with it. Now this would be good except she left her teams designated field and just kept going. Of course, no one could catch her so she just kept going. She had this smile on her face..."look no one can catch me". But, by the end of the season, she learned to keep it "in the white lines", to let her teammates keep the ball, and she should get it in the goal not just run with it. There were a few games where she did get three or four goals all on her own.
Look at her ... all serious like she knows what she's doing!!
Guess she does..she scored!!
Relatively good action shot
Big I, well he did great too. It was more grown up for him this year. At the younger ages they do not switch goals, there are no goalies, and the fields are smaller. This year it was pretty much "normal" soccer.
His coaches were great. They were both very familiar with soccer (one of them is from GB and plays regularly on an adult team). Just cannot give them enough praise. They both really enjoyed the boys and teaching them to play.
Lil H did have her two cents to add during the 1st game...she made the following comment..."I need to show Big I how to play." Yeah, right.
The picture below is not the best pix - Big I is standing a little funny! Turns out he skinned his knee right before the game! Yep, it was a good one too. He was trying out his new bike ramp (he just took off his training wheels and already he's doing tricks - or NOT)! Of course, mom gave him the go ahead to go ride before the game. What was I thinking? Oh, yeah, it was a mixed thought...let the boy have fun and I need some quiet we've got to leave in 10 minutes!
Here's a little footage of Big I's last game. It's not great and I really did choose the wrong time to video BUT it's a little fun to watch. Big I gets pushed out of the way early in the footage and another star is attempting to drive home the goal. I will say that the games were non-stop and the boys really did do a good job. Warning: If you happen to get motion sickness, well then, don't watch because the camera was moving (I had this little person in my lap and she just would NOT be still).
Now, if I can just remember my camera has a video feature, I'll play more with video. If I can get a new brain I'll figure out how to post the video - some folks have this part down (not to mention any names DAWN) but I can't seem to get mine to upload without using an outside source AND then you have to look at code when it's done. That's just great!
No comments:
Post a Comment