December 9, 2008

Time to Decorate

I cannot believe what we got done today. I did not set out to get a lot done. As a matter of fact, I ignored the alarm clock this morning. Big I is not feeling well and I have learned (the hard way) that is better to just take it easy on some school days. So, I came up with Plan B. Get up late, eat breakfast, clean a little, and decorate the house for Christmas.

My plans to sleep late were foiled by Lil H…that’s usually how it goes. We ate breakfast. Big I woke up not too long after I started breakfast. He was sure grumpy and seriously emotional. His usual behavior when he is sick.

I began laundry (I know this is TMI!) and then decided to start the Christmas decorating in the den. Now, personally, I like Christmas; however do not always like to decorate every single inch of the house. I just do not feel like taking all the day-to-day stuff down (and figuring out where to put it) and then put up all the Christmas stuff. I think it’s because at some point I have to take all the Christmas stuff down, figure out how it all fit in three storage totes, and then figure out where I had all the day-to-day stuff. Maybe I just have too much stuff!

Now one can decorate for Christmas easily if there is silence, and no disruption, but little people love to help and they love to look at all the exciting NEW sparkly stuff. Thus, decorating can take all day if your not careful. But then we do it because they love it.

Here are the results of the decorating. We will start in the den. As you can see, my decorator, Lil H put her eloquent touch on the festivities. What a sense of style, class, and all around ability to manipulate her Barbie!

I think Santa Barbie needs some pants, but I was informed that she was wearing a short skirt. I have two comments on that (1) at least she is dressed Barbie - they are usually found with NO clothes in the toy basket; and (2) don’t EVEN think you will dress that way my dear Lil H. You will not like mommy if you try! You will also not be leaving the house EVER!


I don’t know why Big I will not smile when I take his picture. I either get this look or some crazy look! Just the age I guess. I remember a certain nephew who used to do the same thing….OH wait he still does it! Hey “J” I’m talking about you!!

Now this little clip shows how decorating the tree went. I was so proud of Big I. He not only put on the branches, he also opened them up. I did not even bother to go behind him too much BECAUSE I dislike fluffing trees. Then he helped with the lights. We were able to get the lights on the tree in record time. And because he helped, they are actually evenly distrubited.



As you can see Lil H provided the dancing entertainment. All she needs is a little music and a mirror (and in this case a ladder). Just too funny. AND this is my first time capturing them without them knowing it!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

K loved seeing the video of the kids!!

Trina said...

Just wanted to let you know I am praying or you . .. BIG {{{HUGS}}}

Trina said...

Time to post something new . . . love you and praying for you and your sweet family. May God bless you all . . . just like you have blessed me and my family.