May 17, 2011

Spring Happenings

It has been a while since I last posted. We have been very busy with school and other activities (just like everyone else I suppose). Soccer is almost over. We (well the kids) played soccer this past Fall and then again in the Spring. Since we played Upward Soccer both times the uniforms were the same color. I thought for sure the numbers on the uniforms would be different. To my surprise, Lil H had the same number. How funny is that!!

This is Big I's team - acting goofy.

We also just finished up with Dance. Lil H did well. One never knows how it's going to turn out. I've seen rehearsals that make you want to go "huh?" Recitals usually come out well - they are fun to watch.

This year Lil H took tap and ballet. For her age group she does 30 minutes of ballet and 15 minutes of tap. Next year she will take 45 minutes of ballet and drop tap (they no longer offer the two forms of dance together at age 8, they offer them separately). I don't think she'll miss tap (at least she hasn't said she would). I took these with my camera so you can not see her very clearly - she is the extremely white stick figure in a tutu on the far left she is the dancer to the far left.

Tap Routine

In the ballet routine below I believe she is the third extremely white stick figure from the left.

Have you ever noticed that if you take a bunch of little girls with brownish hair, pull the hair up in a tight bun, and dress them all the same that they all look a like from a distance. I'm sure glad mine knows me because I might go home with the wrong girl.


In all of the years she has taken dance I have been seated in the back. Do the math...she started dance at 2 1/2 and she is 7 now. This year I decided that I WOULD be up front.


I always meet one of my dear friends and her daughter really early to get the girls dressed and ready to go. Our girls have been in dance together since they were 3 1/2. We decided this year that one of us would take the girls to the room where they wait to go on stage to dance and one of us would go get in line.

The seating is first come, first serve and I was determined to be FIRST. The recital starts at 7:00, doors open at 6:30 (and you cannot save seats). So, at 5:55 I got in line. You should know that there was NO line which made me first - wohoo. You should also know that being the first in line means power. I would do an evil laugh here but I do not know how to type one. You see, I learned while I was at the door that whoever is standing at the doors watches the clock and opens the doors at 6:30. Now that is a very valuable secret. See what I mean, power! hahaha

I actually stood in line with one of my other close friends. BUT when those doors open, granny get out of my way! Seriously, I was nice, I did not knock any old ladies over. - no actual humans were hurt. I did have to contain my excitement. It was like I had just won the lottery. I snagged the entire fourth row from the stage. Now that is close!! I had to exercise considerable restraint to not do an end zone boogy as I stood there watching other people run in. Not to be mean I was just really excited.

Lil H has had the same dance teacher since 3 1/2. She was great. We will miss her terribly but look forward to our new teacher. We hear good things about her.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your posts are getting further and further apart.....could FT have anything to do with it?? LOL - Cindy

Anonymous said...

I loved all of your blogs Lori - I went back and read every one! Cindy