Today started out normal (perhaps average is a better word...what is normal anyway). The plan was school, visit a friend (and finish school), then relax.
Well, the hubby came home yesterday evening experiencing pains on his left side. Could be gas...or NOT. Woke up this morning with the same pains, except they were worse. He made an appointment with the doctor. Long story short, the doc sent him to the hospital for tests. The doc said he could do the tests in the office but it would take longer for the results to come back. Go figure!!
He left for the doc. and we started school and went to our friend's house. I was at my friend's house when he called to tell me he was at the hospital. The kids new that Daddy was having some problems and wondered how he was. I told them what was going on (in my very best "don't be alarmed" tone). I could see them kind of go to "level yellow" and I explained to them that the doctors sent him there because he could get his test results faster (same day).
When we visit this one friend we usually take a little school work with us. The "seat work" as it is called. Stuff they do on their own and I check it later in the evening. Well, I did not see Big I in the chair where he was supposed to be. Instead I heard this soft voice on the other side of the table. Was he playing with his sister? BOY he better not be!!
Nope, he wasn't playing. I was humbled to see my son on his knees next to my daughter in her chair and both of them praying for their Dad. Actually, humbled isn't really the word to describe the feelings.
Might seem like I'm bragging, but I don't feel that way. I feel humbled and convicted. I suppose from all the times when I should have done that and didn't. They took it straight to Him. They cast their care upon Him. They put into practice what we should do. Then, they got back to work-leaving it with Him (the Creator).
Nope, he wasn't playing. I was humbled to see my son on his knees next to my daughter in her chair and both of them praying for their Dad. Actually, humbled isn't really the word to describe the feelings.
Might seem like I'm bragging, but I don't feel that way. I feel humbled and convicted. I suppose from all the times when I should have done that and didn't. They took it straight to Him. They cast their care upon Him. They put into practice what we should do. Then, they got back to work-leaving it with Him (the Creator).
No comments:
Post a Comment