The problem with a blog is that there are those days when I am just too busy to write…or the day is just so dull or full of mundane things that there is just nothing to add. This is one of those days. Today is shopping day, grocery shopping that is. Here we go, one hour of "stop that", "don't hit your sister", "do not spit on your brother", "keep your shoes on", "don't eat that, it fell on the floor", "stop pulling his hair", and "get your hands out of your mouth". It sounds like I have eight children doesn't it? Yeah, hard to believe it's only two! I could resort to candy but then about half way through the trip I have kids on sugar, confined in a buggy, who can be heard half way across the store laughing and then suddenly crying as one of them crosses the line and hurts the other one and then we go through the myriad of "don'ts" again.
Hannah's sweet-o-meter was low again last night. Now it all makes sense. I told her to go to her room, get her bed ready, and then wait on me to read her the bedtime story. I figured that would give me time to dry Isaac's hair. Yeah, right. What was I thinking? Obviously, I was not thinking about the sweet-0-meter.
She closed the bathroom door. That should have been my first clue. However, being the mommy that I am, you know, no brain, it did not register with me. I was irritated because the door was closed and I it open and I wanted it open. She came back and said "I wanted the door closed". Well, excuse me, but who does she think she is. I'm the mommy here. Okay, that was clue number two. Still I didn't get it.
I told her to get to her room, now! She replies with "I have to potty". Well who am I to say NO to an admission that one has to potty. Then it occurred to me that she came from the opposite direction of her room. I see her chewing frantically on something. It's not blue (which it shouldn't be, I hid the gum). Ah, yes, it's brown. Hmmm, that can only mean she had found daddy's stash of caramel chocolates.
Hannah's sweet-o-meter was low again last night. Now it all makes sense. I told her to go to her room, get her bed ready, and then wait on me to read her the bedtime story. I figured that would give me time to dry Isaac's hair. Yeah, right. What was I thinking? Obviously, I was not thinking about the sweet-0-meter.
She closed the bathroom door. That should have been my first clue. However, being the mommy that I am, you know, no brain, it did not register with me. I was irritated because the door was closed and I it open and I wanted it open. She came back and said "I wanted the door closed". Well, excuse me, but who does she think she is. I'm the mommy here. Okay, that was clue number two. Still I didn't get it.
I told her to get to her room, now! She replies with "I have to potty". Well who am I to say NO to an admission that one has to potty. Then it occurred to me that she came from the opposite direction of her room. I see her chewing frantically on something. It's not blue (which it shouldn't be, I hid the gum). Ah, yes, it's brown. Hmmm, that can only mean she had found daddy's stash of caramel chocolates.
No comments:
Post a Comment